The payroll feature in Tally.ERP 9 software is fully integrated with accounting to facilitate payroll processing.
Organizations can set up, apply and process payroll using simple and complex criteria. A collection of predefined processes in Tally.ERP 9 software provides error-free automation of payroll processing.
The payroll feature provides management information, legal forms and reports in the prescribed formats:
- Payroll Statements, Attendance and Overtime Records.
- Provident Fund (PF), Employee State Insurance (ESI), National Pension Scheme (NPS), Professional Tax (PT), Income Tax (IT) and Expat Reports.
Features of Payroll in Tally.ERP 9:
In Tally.ERP 9, the basic features of Payroll are described in this topic.
- Full integration with accounts for simplified payroll transactions and accounting.
- User-defined categories and sub-categories to comprehensively report on employees, employee groups, salary components or departments.
- User-defined Earnings and Deductions Pay Heads support.
- Flexible and user-defined criteria for simple or complex calculations.
- Unlimited grouping of Payroll Masters.
- Support for user-defined production units such as attendance, production, or time based remuneration units.
- Flexible processing time for payroll.
- Comprehensive reports on cost centers and staff costing.
- Predefined processes for timely salary processing, legal deduction of employees and legal contributions of employers.
- Payment process using the e-payments feature in Tally.ERP 9.
- Automatic filling to accelerate participation, payroll and employer contribution processes.
- Accurate calculation and deduction of payments such as Income Tax, ESI, EPF, NPS and Professional Tax.
- Generate legal forms and slips for Income Tax, EPF and ESI as prescribed.
- Possibility to drill-down to the voucher level for any alteration.
- Calculating the debts of the previous period.
- Keep track of employee credit information.